Media Tools, Letters to Corporations, Visiting Corporations and Military Sites, Divestment, Shareholder Action — scroll down for tools and inspiration!
Whatever you choose to do, ask yourself: What makes this effective as well as fun? Am I working in coordination with others? Are my facts accurate? Is my behavior nonviolent? Do I have plans to follow up?
Letters to Corporations
Visiting Corporations and Military Sites
See the webinar to answer all your questions:
What is Socially Responsible Investing? Is it hard to divest?
If I divest from unethical products or companies, how will it impact my investment returns?
Does divestment really have an impact?
But how does it really make a difference? They’re huge companies with huge budgets.
I don’t have any investments. Can I still be part of this strategy for getting rid of nuclear weapons?
Then you can learn the nuts and bolts:
1. AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR FAMILY, DO YOU HAVE AN INVESTMENT ADVISOR?
2. ARE THEY WILLING AND ABLE TO HELP YOU DIVEST?
3. WHAT IF YOU DON’T HAVE AN INVESTMENT ADVISOR?
4. WHAT ARE BETTER ALTERNATIVES YOU CAN INVEST IN?
5. DO YOU HAVE A PENSION FUND?
6. DO YOU HAVE MUTUAL FUNDS OR EXCHANGE TRADED FUNDS (ETFs)?
7. WHERE DO YOU DO YOUR BANKING?
See the webinar to find out:
How can shareholders influence a company from the inside?
Can I buy one share and ask a question at the annual meeting of shareholders? (Spoiler alert: yes you can, and there’s a video.)
How do I introduce a resolution?
Can I help elect more ethical people to the board?
Are shareholder meetings virtual or in person?